We are a café-restaurant that serves Southeast Asian cuisine that is a combination of Straits Chinese and Malay delicacies. The premises was formerly the guild hall of the Selangor & Federal Territory Laundry Association. The guild was set up at the turn of the century and moved to this part of Chinatown in the 1920s. The two large mirrors that face each other are traditional feng shui mirrors that the Chinese believe would perpetually reflect good luck.
Many of the achitectural details of the building have remained unchanged, even the doors to the kitchen still have wooden latches. This type of pre-war shophouses may not exist much longer. Several units in the neighbourhood (Jalan Balai Polis, Jalan Panggong and Jalan Petaling) have either been demolished or renovated beyond recognition, in order to keep up with modern times.
Old China Cafe tries to maintain a semblance of the Chinese community's old social life is fading into history. The patina of age contributes to the ambience. This cafe is to remind us of the hard work carried out by the early Chinese settlers of Kuala Lumpur way back in 1857 when tin was first mined in Ampang. Their labour benefited KL greatly and laid the foundation for a successful commercial centre.
Open daily from 11am to 10pm (last order 9pm). For reservation, call 011-6181 3317.
Get 10% off with a minimum spend of RM50 when you pay with a valid Visa card.
For Physical Store - Ask for your Visa Privileges & pay with a valid Visa card.
50000 Kuala Lumpur,
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia.
Merchant Terms & Conditions:
- The merchant is the sole provider of all goods and/or services under this offer and solely responsible for this offer. Offer details as shown are based on information provided by the Merchant.
- Merchant reserves the right to update or modify any of the terms and conditions at any time. In the event of any updates or changes being made, the revised terms and conditions will be posted on Merchant's website at least 1 week before they take effect.
- Payment must be made with a valid Credit/Debit/Prepaid Visa card to enjoy the privileage. Privileage is valid for Visa cards issued in Malaysia and outside of Malaysia.
- Valid on normal priced items only.
- The privileage cannot be exchanged for cash and not valid in conjunction with other promotion, discount or vouchers unless otherwise stated.
- No cash alternatives or refund will be offered in lieu of the discount.
Visa Terms & Conditons:
- To enjoy the privilege, payment must be made with valid Visa Credit/Debit/Prepaid card issued in Malaysia and outside of Malaysia during the stated campaign period.
- Promotion is subject to change. Promotion may alter or extended with notification on respective merchant's website.
- Other terms and conditions apply.